Thursday, February 21, 2008

Learning through collegues without even trying to.

In my opinion, Web 2.0 is all about learning new things by trial and error and learning from your collegues. I already learned about avatars through someone elses blog i was looking at on the Special Libraries Discussion Forum. I got curious how they created it and ended up creating one of my own. The gnome just sort of got added in the mix and stuck. It's really easy to get caught up in learning new Web 2.0 technology without even realizing it. I didn't notice I was exploring as much as I was until after the gnome was already in the picture. I'm looking forward to exploring the 23 things and having collegues to collaborate with as to how we can bring some of these technologies into our special libraries.

1 comment:

E Meylor said...

23 Things, I'm practicing leaving comments.... On some of the blogs I didn't see a place to make a comment. Am I blind????? I'm impressed by the avatar. I'll have to figure that out next week. Elizabeth.